Mauritius has always been on my bucket list for a 2 week getaway, along with lots of beautiful other countries and places. You see photos and hear stories about it but there’s nothing like experiencing the beauty and scenery for yourself. It really does seem like paradise and the perfect romantic getaway!
After reading various holiday sections in newspapers and travel guides, I’ve picked a few things I think I would get up to if I did get the chance to visit this amazing island!
- Visit the Black River Gorges National Park which apparently is home to some of the best views on the island. Maybe I might get a selfie with a Macaque Monkey!
- Eat plenty of Street Food – I think I would be in heaven, the chance to try so many different cuisines freshly cooked in front of you. Talk about eating culturally!
- Visit some of the amazing beaches – I’d definitely go with my snorkel in hand and Go Pro charged up. The marine life and natural beauty under the water must be incredible as well as the opportunity to visit many reefs! I’ve done snorkelling before and it’s an amazing experience to see things you wouldn’t normally see.
- Visit Chamarel – Here you can find 7 different colours of Earth and with it being a natural phenomenon, I think these would be so interesting and stunning to go and see.
- Relax with a good book and a cocktail. I would love to find a hidden beach and just sit there, enjoying the turquoise sea with the sun setting.
Mauritius to me sounds the dream place to unwind, explore the scenery and tick off the culture check.
*This is a sponsored post with Destination2, however as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own*